Our current plans (Basic, Standard and Professional) are based on the number of active users in your learning space each month. Each plan includes a certain number of active users and carries an additional price per active user thereafter.
Refer to the following sections for more information:
- How do we determine who is active?
- What happens if my learning space exceeds its active user allowance?
To find out where you can access your Clui subscription invoices, see 'Viewing and downloading Clui subscription invoices'.
If you have any questions about a charge from Clui, let us know - we'd be happy to clear it up for you.
How do we determine who is active?
An active user is defined as a user who, during the billing period, logs in for the first time from a new browser or participates in a learning activity.
If an administrator performs tasks such as adding new users to Clui or running reports but does not undertake a course, they are not counted as an active user for the billing period.
Likewise, if a learner is enrolled in a course but does not launch a course module, they too are not classified as active. However, if the learner logs in to Clui and launches a course module, they are considered active for that month.
What happens if my learning space exceeds its active user allowance?
If your active users for the month exceed the amount included in your plan, your subscription costs for the following month will include an amount for each extra user who was active during the billing period.
A few other things to be aware of...
- A user only needs to be active once within the billing cycle to be classified as active for that month.
- A billing cycle starts from the date when the account is first billed. This may be part-way through a calendar month.
- If a user is active during a billing month and is then disabled by an administrator, they are still recorded as active during the month.
- If a user remains logged into their account over several months but doesn't record any activity, they are not classified as active.
- If a learner logs out of Clui and logs back in during a later month, they are counted as an active user for that billing period. Clui does not log users out which means unless a user uses a different device or signs out of Clui, they will only need to log in to Clui once.