Groups in Clui enable you to group learners together and collectively control their permissions and which courses they can access.
You can create and manage groups on the People page.
Follow these steps:
- Click People in the header menu, then click the GROUPS tab.
- Click Add group.
- Give the new group a name.
- Optionally use the Slack channel drop-down menu to assign a Slack channel to the group. To do so you firstly need to connect your enterprise to a Slack workspace.
- Select Users can join at signup to enable new learners to join the group when they sign up for your enterprise or select Admin must allocate if learners can only join the group by being added by an administrator.
- Optionally click Select default courses and select any courses you want to be automatically assigned to members of the group, then click Save selection (default courses are different to mandatory courses. If you want to make a course mandatory, see 'Giving or restricting group access to courses').
- Click Save group setting.
The new group is created. For information about adding users to your newly created group, see 'Adding users to groups'. For more information about default courses, see 'Setting default courses versus mandatory courses'.
Note: To edit an existing group, locate and select the group on the GROUPS tab of the People page, then click Manage Group. Edit the group settings as necessary and click Save group setting.
For information about controlling the group's access to certain courses, see 'Giving or restricting group access to courses'.