You can set course access in the settings of each course. For example, you can give or restrict access to all members of a group, you can make certain courses mandatory to all learners within your learning space or you can make courses visible (but not available for enrollment) to people who are not signed into your learning space.
Follow these steps:
- Locate the relevant course on the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page.
- Hover over the course and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Change to the SETTINGS tab.
- In Enrolment requirements:
- Optionally select prerequisite courses by locating them in the list and clicking Add.
- Optionally exclude groups from the prerequisite requirements by locating them in the list and clicking Add.
- In Group access settings:
- Next to All learning space users and Users not logged in, select the checkboxes depending on the type of access you want these users to have and optionally set the number of days or weeks learners have to complete the course after they're enrolled.
- In Groups with specific permissions, optionally locate and select any groups you want to give different access to, click Add, then select the checkboxes accordingly and optionally set the number of days or weeks members of the group have to complete the course after they're enrolled.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the form.
Your access settings for the course are saved.
Available access settings
The following types of access are available for you to give all users in your learning space or members of groups, by selecting the appropriate box when editing the course settings:
- View: Enables learners to see the course but not enrol in it or launch it.
- Enrol: Enables learners to see the course, enrol in it and launch it.
- Mandatory: Automatically enrols learners into the course, enabling them to view and launch it.