You can specify who has which type of access to the courses in your enterprise in the settings for each course.
For example, you can give or restrict access to all members of a group, you can make certain courses mandatory to all learners within your enterprise, or, you can make courses visible (but not available for enrollment) to people who are not signed into your enterprise.
Follow these steps:
- Locate the relevant course on the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page.
- Hover over the course and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Change to the SETTINGS tab and in Enrolment requirements, optionally set prerequisite courses:
- Click Select prerequisite courses, select the courses users need to complete before they can do the course, then click Save selection.
- Click Exclude these groups from prerequisite course requirements, select any groups that do not need to meet the prerequisites, then click Save selection.
- Scroll down to Group access settings.
- Next to All enterprise users, select the appropriate type of access and optionally set the number of days or weeks learners have to complete the course after they're enrolled.
- Next to Users not logged in, select the View checkbox if you want users who are not logged into your enterprise to be able to see the course.
- Optionally, click Add next to Groups with specific permissions, select any groups you want to have different access permissions to the rest of your enterprise, then click Save selection.
- For each added group, select the type of access you want members of the group to have.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the form.
Your access settings for the course are saved.
Available access settings
The following types of access are available for you to give all users in your enterprise or members of groups, by selecting the appropriate box when editing the course settings:
- View: Enables learners to see the course but not enrol in it or launch it.
- Enrol: Enables learners to see the course, enrol in it and launch it.
- Mandatory: Automatically enrols learners into the course, enabling them to view and launch it.
For more information about how you can use groups to allow or restrict course access, see 'Giving or restricting group access to courses'.