If you want only a subset of your enterprise to have access to a particular course, or you want to restrict a certain group within your enterprise from accessing a course, you can do so using the Group functionality in Clui.
In the settings for each course, you can indicate the type of access you want enterprise users and members of selected groups to have. The options are:
- View - Enables users to see the course but not launch it (this option is also available for users who are not logged into your enterprise).
- Enrol - Enables users to see the course, enrol in it and launch it.
- Mandatory - Automatically enrols users into the course, enabling them to view and launch it.
Follow these steps:
- Ensure that you have created your required groups. For instructions, see 'Creating groups'.
- Locate the relevant course on the Courses page.
- Hover over the course and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Change to the SETTINGS tab.
- In Enrolment requirements, optionally exclude groups from any prerequisite courses you set by clicking Exclude these groups from prerequisite course requirements, selecting the relevant groups, and clicking Save selection.
- Scroll down to Group access settings.
- Next to All enterprise users and Users not logged in, select the checkboxes depending on the access you want these users to have. See 'Giving or restricting course access to members of a group'.
- Click Add next to Groups with specific permissions, select the relevant groups, then click Save selection.
- For each added group, select the checkboxes depending on the access you want members of the group to have. See 'Giving or restricting course access to members of a group'.
- Optionally set the amount of time (in days or weeks) learners within each group have to complete the course after they are enrolled. See 'Setting course time limits'.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the form.
Your access settings for the course are saved.
Configuring group access settings for a course
Use the following information as a guide to configure the group access settings for your course.
To only allow members of a certain group to access the course:
- Clear all checkboxes for All enterprise users and Users not logged in.
- Select the View, Enrol, or Mandatory checkbox in Groups with specific permissions for your selected groups depending on the type of access you want group members to have.
To allow everyone in your enterprise except members of a certain group to access the course:
- Select the View, Enrol, or Mandatory checkbox for All enterprise users and optionally select the View checkbox for Users not logged in.
- Clear the Enrol and Mandatory checkboxes in Groups with specific permissions for your selected groups, and optionally select the View checkbox if you want members of the group to be able to see the course but not enrol in it.
For information about courses, see 'Creating or editing a course'.