In Clui, courses are structured using various module types. A modular course structure gives you, as a course creator, flexibility when creating or editing courses.
Note: To create or edit a course, you must have an Enterprise Access Level of 'Administrator'.
Before you can add modules, you need to create a course. Once you have created a course, follow these steps to add modules to courses:
- Locate the relevant course on the MY COURSES tab of the Courses page.
- Hover over the course and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Click Add Module in an existing section (or add a new section and then click Add Module).
- Select a module type then use the module window that appears to configure the module.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add as many modules as required. Each section can include multiple modules.
The modules have been added to your course. For information about making changes to courses, see 'Editing courses'.
The following module types are available:
- Scorm Course - Upload a SCORM package. For more information, see 'Uploading a SCORM package to Clui'.
- Form - Include a form in the course to collect information using fields such as checkboxes, text fields, drop-down menus, and rating scales.
- File - Attach files to the course or request learners to upload files.
- Path Selection - Assign different learner paths based on various options your learners can choose from.
- Approval - Create an approval gate preventing learners from proceeding until nominated approvers have accepted their progress.
- Certificate - Upload a certificate to be awarded to learners when they complete the course or a section of the course.
- Face to Face Event - Set up an event for learners to attend in person.
- Webinar - Set up a webinar event for learners to attend remotely.
- Action - Specify an action to be performed at a certain point within the course. For more information, see 'Using action modules to automate courses'.
- Web Object - Include content such as a website or video.
- Video - Link to a video from YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia.
- Payment - Add a fee which must be paid before a learner can proceed with the course.
- Quiz - Create a quiz for your learners to take.