In Clui, you can automate courses by including Action modules designed to trigger various operations at certain points within a course. Action modules are not visible to learners.
The following actions are available:
- Send email - Send an email to the learner or another nominated person when the learner reaches the module.
- Set status - Change the learner's course status when they reach the module.
- Lock enrolment - Lock the course to the learner according to their course status when they reach the module.
- Reset progress reminder - Reset the course progress of learners who maintain a selected status for a set amount of time (for instance, you may want all learners who have passed the course do be required to re-complete the course after 12 months). You can also set up to three reminders to be sent to learners by email when their progress is soon to be reset.
- Assign course - Assign one or more courses to the learner when they reach the module.
- Webhook - Send a webhook when the learner reaches the module.
- Edit group memberships - Edit the group memberships of the learner when they reach the module.
To add an Action module to a course, follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where you want the action to be triggered, and click Action.
- Give the module a name.
- In the Actions section, click Add action, select the action type, then define the action in the action module.
- Repeat the previous step for each action you want to include.
- Click Save.
The Action module is added to the course.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.