To create or edit a course in your Clui learning space, you must have a learning space access Level of 'Administrator'.
Refer to the following sections for information about creating or editing courses:
- Creating a new course
- Editing an existing course
- Managing the content and settings of a course
- Adding modules to a course
Follow the steps in this article from the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page.
Creating a new course
To create a new course:
- Click the Create Course button.
- Provide a name and, optionally, a description for the new course.
- Optionally upload a thumbnail and header image for the course.
- Click Create course.
- Add content and manage the settings of the course using the tabs on the Edit Course page.
Editing an existing course
To edit an existing course:
- Locate the course you want to edit, hover over it and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Make edits to the content and settings of the course using the tabs on the Edit Course page.
Managing the content and settings of a course
The Edit Course page contains the following tabs, enabling you to manage the content and settings of the course:
- COURSE CONTENT - provide or update the content of the course.
- INFORMATION - Provide or update course and author details.
- SETTINGS - Set or update enrolment requirements, group access, and sales details, as well as a Slack channel.
- CUSTOMISATION - Set or update the page layout for the course page and indicate whether learners can review the course or not. This tab is only available if you firstly turn on the 'Enable configuring course layout for individual courses to override the above settings' toggle on the CUSTOMISATION tab of your learning space settings.
- IMAGES - Upload thumbnail and header images.
Adding modules to a course
In Clui, courses are structured using various module types. A modular course structure gives you, as a course creator, flexibility when creating or editing courses.
To add a module to a course, click Add Module in the section of the course where you want to include the module, select the module type, and configure the settings accordingly.
The following module types are available:
- Scorm Course - Upload a SCORM package. For more information, see 'Uploading a SCORM package to a course'.
- Form - Include a form in the course to collect information using fields such as checkboxes, text fields, drop-down menus, and rating scales. For more information, see 'Adding a form to a course'.
- File - Attach files to the course or request learners to upload files. For more information, see 'Requesting or providing files as part of a course'.
- Path Selection - Assign different learner paths based on various options your learners can choose from. For more information, see 'Setting up different learner journeys in a course'.
- Approval or Assessment - Prevent learners from continuing a course until a nominated user or role within your learning space has approved their progress or performed an in-person assessment. For more information, see 'Setting up an approval gateway or in-person assessment in a course'.
- Certificate - Upload a certificate to be awarded to learners when they complete the course or a section of the course. For more information, see 'Attaching a certificate to a course'.
- Face to Face Event - Set up an event for learners to attend in person. For more information, see 'Scheduling a face-to-face event in connection with a course'.
- Webinar - Set up a webinar event for learners to attend remotely. For more information, see 'Scheduling a webinar event in connection with a course'.
- Action - Specify an automated action to be performed at a certain point within the course. For more information, see 'Using action modules to automate a course'.
- Web Object - Include content such as a website or video. For more information, see 'Including a web object in a course'.
- Video - Link to a video from YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia. For more information, see 'Adding a video to a course'.
- Payment - Add a fee which must be paid before a learner can proceed with the course. For more information, see 'Including a payment gateway part way through a course'.
- Quiz - Create a quiz for your learners to take. For more information, see 'Including a quiz in a course'.