Refer to the following sections for information about creating and editing courses in Clui:
- Creating a new course
- Editing an existing course
- Managing the content and settings of a course
- Adding modules to a course
Note: To create or edit a course in your Clui learning space, your learning space access level must include the correct permissions. For more information about access levels in Clui, see 'Understanding access levels in Clui'.
Creating a new course
To create a new course:
- Click the Create Course button on the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page.
- Provide a name and, optionally, a description.
- Optionally upload a thumbnail and header image.
- Click Create course.
- Add content and manage the settings of your new course on the Edit Course page.
- Add and configure modules.
Editing an existing course
To edit an existing course:
- Hover over the course you want to edit on the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Make edits to the content and settings of the course on the Edit Course page.
Note: If you are making significant changes to a course, we recommend you consider creating a new course instead. Significant changes include removing multiple modules. When you remove modules from a course, they are also removed from the Enrolment Insight page of learners including those who've already completed the module.
Managing the content and settings of a course
The Edit Course page contains the following tabs which enable you to manage the content and settings of the course:
- COURSE CONTENT - Manage the sections and modules within the course. Changes to course content affect the Enrolment Insight page of existing learners. For example, if you remove a module that a learner has already completed, the module will no longer show in their enrolment.
- INFORMATION - Provide or update course and author details.
- SETTINGS - Set or update enrolment requirements, group access, and sales details.
- CUSTOMISATION - Set or update the course page layout and indicate whether learners can review the course or not. This tab is only available if the 'Enable course creators to customise the layout of individual courses' toggle is enabled on the CUSTOMISATION tab of your learning space settings.
- IMAGES - Upload or change thumbnail and header images.
Adding modules to a course
In Clui, a range of course modules are available for creating courses. A modular course structure gives added flexibility when creating or editing courses.
To add a module to a course, click Add Module in the section of the course where you want to include the module, select the module type, and configure the settings accordingly.
Note: You can rearrange the order of modules within a section at any time by dragging and dropping the module.
The following module types are available:
- Scorm Course - Upload a SCORM package. For more information, see 'Uploading a SCORM package to a course'.
- Form - Include a form in the course to collect information using fields such as checkboxes, text fields, drop-down menus, and rating scales. For more information, see 'Adding a form to a course'.
- File - Attach files to the course or request learners to upload files. For more information, see 'Requesting or providing files as part of a course'.
- Document Viewer - Upload a PDF document for learners to review as part of the course. The document can be read-only or you can allow learners to download it. Optionally, include a customisable acknowledgement statement for learners to confirm they've read the document before they can proceed with the rest of the course. For more information, see 'Using the Document Viewer course module'.
- Path Selection - Assign different learner paths based on options your learners can choose from. For more information, see 'Setting up different learner journeys in a course'.
- Approval - Prevent learners from continuing a course until a nominated user from your learning space has approved their progress. For more information, see 'Setting up an approval gateway'.
- Assessment - Prevent learners from continuing a course until a nominated user from your learning space has performed an in-person assessment. For more information, see 'Setting up an in-person assessment'.
- Certificate - Upload a certificate to be awarded to learners when they reach a certain section in the course. For more information, see 'Attaching a certificate to a course'.
- Face to Face Event - Set up an event for learners to attend in person. For more information, see 'Incorporating face-to-face or webinar events in a course'.
- Webinar - Set up a webinar event for learners to attend remotely. For more information, see 'Incorporating face-to-face or webinar events in a course'.
- Action - Specify an automated action to be performed at a certain point within the course. For more information, see 'Using action modules to automate a course'.
- Web Object - Include content such as a website or video. For more information, see 'Including a web object in a course'.
- Video - Link to a video from YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia. For more information, see 'Adding a video to a course'.
- Payment - Add a fee which must be paid before a learner can proceed with the course. For more information, see 'Including a payment gateway part way through a course'.
- Quiz - Create a quiz for your learners to take. For more information, see 'Including a quiz in a course'.