In Clui, course categories allow you to group your courses. For example, you may categorize your courses by employment type (such as 'Contractor' and 'Permanent') or by course content type (such as 'Soft Skills' and 'Leadership').
Course categories can be anything that makes sense to your unique learning environment.
Before you can assign a category to a course, you need to set up categories in your enterprise settings.
Follow these steps:
- Click the arrow next to your account name in the top-right corner of Clui and select Enterprise settings.
- Click the CUSTOMISATION tab and scroll down to the section called Course Categories.
- Click Create Category.
- Give the category a name and click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each category you want to create. You can add as many course categories as necessary to your enterprise.
Your course categories are created.
Adding categories to courses
Once your categories are set up, add categories to courses on INFORMATION tab when editing or creating a course.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Course Category.
- Select the applicable category from the list.
- Click Save Changes.
Viewing and filtering courses by category
Course categories are visible under the heading CATEGORIES on the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page along with the number of courses that belong to each category.
- To filter by a category, click the category name.
- To remove a category filter, click the category again or click the 'All' category.