Sometimes it may be necessary for learners to have different journeys within the one course, despite some common modules or sections.
For example, some learners may be required to complete certain modules or sections based on their role or geographical location while others need to complete a different subset of modules or sections.
You can configure different learner journeys using a Path Selection module.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where learners need to make a choice to determine how they continue the course. Often, this is the first or second section of a course.
- Click Path Selection.
- Give the module a title and optionally a description. For example, 'Location selection' (title) and 'Please select the state in which you are based.' (description).
- In Selection Mode, indicate whether learners can pick a single option or multiple options.
- Turn the Mandatory toggle on if learners must make a selection.
- Indicate whether learners can change their selection (Never, Always, or Before the next module has been accessed). If you select 'Never', learners cannot return later to change their selection if, for instance, they make a mistake.
- Click Add a pathway option.
- Give the option a name. For example, 'Queensland' (in this case, learners who are based in Queensland would select this option).
- Configure the learner's journey:
- Assign Modules - Click to allocate certain modules from the course.
- Assign Sections - Click to allocate certain sections from the course.
- Remove Modules - Click to withhold certain modules from the course.
- Remove Sections - Click to withhold certain sections from the course.
- Click Save.
- Perform steps 8 to 11 for each option that you want to give your learners.
- Click Submit.
The Path Selection module is configured and will apply to learners who participate in the course.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.