In addition to online content, your courses can include face-to-face and webinar events for learners to attend in real-time. To schedule this type of learning, add a Face-to-Face Event module or Webinar module to the course.
To set up either type:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module at the point within the course when learners need to attend the event. Often, this is the first, last, or even the only section of a course.
- Click Face-to-Face Event or Webinar module, accordingly.
- Provide a title and description for the event or webinar.
- Set the following details for the event or webinar:
- When is the Event "Passed"? - Indicate if a learner passes the course at the time of enrolment, after the event date, or when marked as passed by an administrator.
- Allow the learner to change their session - Turn on to permit learners to change their session after enrolling.
- Allow the learner to cancel their session - Turn on to permit learners to cancel their session after enrolling.
- Specify the outcome of the event or webinar:
- Outcome if failed - Select your preferred option for when a learner fails the module.
- Allow Course to be passed overall even if this module is failed? - Turn on if this module does not affect whether the learner passes or fails the course.
- In the Dates section, click Add Date and provide the necessary details including a physical location (for an event) or webinar address (for a webinar), then click Submit. Repeat this step for each date you want to set up.
- Click Submit.
The event or webinar is set up and added as a module to the course. For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.
Limiting the number of available places and enrolment cut-off dates
If necessary, you may want to limit the number of people who attend the event or webinar and set a cut-off date for enrolments.
You can achieve both of these requirements when setting the dates. Indicate the number of available seats (for an event) and the number of attendees (for a webinar) or leave these fields blank to allow for an unlimited number of participants.
Turn the Set enrolment cut-off date option on and select a date to prevent people from enrolling too close to the date of the event or webinar.
Cancelling or making changes to an event or webinar session
You can make changes or cancel event or webinar sessions from the relevant course module on the edit course page. For more information, see 'Creating or editing a course'.
When you cancel an event or webinar session with registered attendees, an email notification is automatically sent to any attendees whose email address is stored in your learning space.
When you make changes to an event or webinar session (for instance a change in location, date or time), you are given the option to send an email notification to any attendees whose email address is stored in your learning space.
Note: Only attendees whose email address is stored in your learning space can be notified.