In addition to online content, your courses can include face-to-face and webinar events for learners to attend in real-time. To schedule this type of learning, add a Face-to-Face Event module or Webinar module to the course.
To set up either type:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module at the point within the course when learners need to attend the event. Often, this is the first, last, or even the only section of a course.
- Click Face-to-Face Event or Webinar module, accordingly.
- Provide a title and description for the event or webinar.
- Set the following details for the event or webinar:
- When is the Event "Passed"? - Indicate if a learner passes the course at the time of enrolment, after the event date, or when marked as passed by an administrator.
- Allow the learner to change their session - Turn on to permit learners to change their session after enrolling.
- Allow the learner to cancel their session - Turn on to permit learners to cancel their session after enrolling.
- Specify the outcome of the event or webinar:
- Outcome if failed - Select your preferred option for when a learner fails the module.
- Allow Course to be passed overall even if this module is failed? - Turn on if this module does not affect whether the learner passes or fails the course.
- In the Dates section, click Add Date and provide the necessary details including a physical location (for an event) or webinar address (for a webinar), then click Submit. Repeat this step for each date you want to set up.
- Click Submit.
The event or webinar is set up and added as a module to the course. For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.
Limiting the number of available places and enrolment cut-off dates
If necessary, you may want to limit the number of people who attend the event or webinar and set a cut-off date for enrolments.
You can achieve both of these requirements when setting the dates. Indicate the number of available seats (for an event) and the number of attendees (for a webinar) or leave these fields blank to allow for an unlimited number of participants.
Turn the Set enrolment cut-off date option on and select a date to prevent people from enrolling too close to the date of the event or webinar.