Using a File module, you can provide learners with files to download or request that they upload files as part of a course.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where you want to include or request a file, and click File.
- Give the module a name (in the Module Title field) and provide a description about the downloadable or requested files.
- If you're requesting learners to upload files, turn on the Require learner to upload files toggle.
- Optionally turn on the Allow Course to be passed overall even if this module is failed? toggle.
- If you're including files for learners to download, drag-and-drop the files into the Attach files section of the form or click the browse link to locate the files on your device. The maximum file size is 20MB and the accepted file types are .exe, .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .zip, .rar, .ppt, .pptx, .jpg, .gif, and .png.
- Click Save.
The downloadable files have been added or the request for learners to upload files has been created.
If the documents uploaded by learners require approval, add an Approval type action module as the next module in the course. For information about this module type, see 'Setting up an approval gateway'.
To include a read-only PDF document in a course requiring learners to acknowledge they've read it, see 'Using the Document Viewer course module'.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.