Web objects can be added to courses to display web content such as websites and video embeds.
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module and select the Web Object module type.
- Give the module a name and provide a content type label (i.e. Form, Website, Video, etc.).
- Indicate whether launching the module automatically changes the module status to Passed by turning on the Set to Passed on launch toggle. This toggle is turned on by default.
- Select Link or Upload as the source of your content.
- Provide a link or upload your content accordingly.
- For links, use the Preview button to test the content output. The error message "This url is not allowed in the iframe" indicates that the external website is not allowed to be embedded.
- Click Submit.
The web object is added to the course.
Note: To include a YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia video, use a Video module instead. See 'Adding a video to a course' for more information.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.