Clui enables you to use quizzes to test the knowledge of your learners at the end of a module or course.
Follow these steps to add a Quiz module to a course:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where you want to include the quiz, and click Quiz.
- Give the module a name and optionally turn on the Description toggle and provide some information about the quiz for your learners.
- Indicate how the quiz is assessed:
- Standard - Allows you to specify a percentage of the questions that must be answered correctly for a learner to pass the quiz.
- Weighted - Allows you to give each question a score and set an overall score that must be achieved for a learner to pass the quiz.
- Optionally turn the Randomise Questions toggle on if you want the order of the questions within the quiz to change.
- Click Add a question and complete the New Question form to define the question:
- Select the question type (single or multiple answer).
- Enter the question and optionally turn on the Instruction toggle and provide instructions for your learners.
- Add answers and indicate which questions are correct (can be one or more).
- Optionally turn on the Shuffle order of answers toggle.
- If the quiz is weighted, assign a number of points to the question.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat step 6 (and the sub-steps) for each question in your quiz.
- Click Scoring Settings and define how the quiz is scored:
- Specify the percentage a learner must achieve to pass the quiz.
- Provide a heading for when learners pass the quiz and optionally turn on the Pass Description toggle and enter a description.
- Provide a heading for when learners fail the quiz and optionally turn on the Fail Description toggle and enter a description for your learners.
- Optionally turn on the Show results overview and Allow user to see correct answers toggles.
- Indicate what should happen when a learner fails the quiz (Prevent from continuing, Allow retry, or Allow to continue).
- Click Submit (or Back to Quiz Builder if you want to make changes before submitting the quiz).
The quiz is added to the course.
For information about adding a module to a course, see 'Adding modules to courses'.