Forms allow you to collect information from participants of a course and automatically send it to a nominated email address.
Forms are created using various field types. The available field types are:
- Text Field - A field for a learner to enter a single line of text.
- Text Area - A field for a learner to enter multiple lines of text.
- Checkbox - A set of options for a learner to select from.
- Signature Box - A field for a learner to sign their name.
- Dropdown Select - A set of options available for a learner to select from a drop-down menu.
- Date Field - A calendar for a learner to select a date from.
- Rating Scale - A question which a learner can give a rating to.
After collecting data through a form, you can run reports on the field values from the Reports page.
Forms can be mandatory or optional depending on what you need.
Follow these steps to add a Form module to a course:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where you want to include the form, and click Form.
- Give the module a name and optionally provide a description.
- Enter the email address to send the collected data to.
- Turn the Allow re-submission and Mandatory toggles on or off accordingly (both are turned on by default).
- Click Add section, give the section a name, select a field type, then use the form that opens to define the field.
- Repeat the previous step for each section you want to include in the form.
- Click Submit.
The form is added to the course.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.