Using an Approval or Assessment module, you can prevent learners from continuing a course until a nominated user or role within your enterprise has approved their progress, or an in-person assessment has been performed.
Note: A user can be any individual person with an enterprise access level of 'Administrator' while a role pertains to any user with the specified role assigned to them. To set a role as an approver or assessor you need to firstly create and assign roles in your enterprise.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where learners need to be approved or assessed before proceeding, then click Approval or Assessment.
- Give the module a title and description.
- Optionally, turn on the Add an in-person assessment to this module toggle and set up the assessment.
- In the Approvers section, click User or Group Access Levels and select the specific user or group access level within your enterprise to indicate who must approve the learner's progress or perform the assessment for them to continue.
- Click Submit.
The Approval or Assessment module is added to the course.
Creating an in-person assessment
If you want to include an in-person assessment, ensure you turn on the Add an in-person assessment to this module toggle when configuring the module, then:
- Indicate how frequently learners need to be assessed if the assessment is recurring.
- Click Add section and give the section a name.
- Click Add Field, select the field type and provide the details for the field, then click Submit.
- Add additional fields as necessary.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each section of the assessment.
- Select the user or role required to perform the assessment and click Save.
In-person assessment fields
The following field types are available for in-person assessments:
- Text Field - A field for an assessor to enter a single line of text.
- Text Area - A field for an assessor to enter multiple lines of text.
- Checkbox - A set of options for an assessor to select from.
- Signature Box - A field for an assessor to sign their name.
- Dropdown Select - A set of options available for an assessor to select from a drop-down menu.
- Date Field - A calendar for an assessor to select a date from.
- Rating Scale - A question which an assessor can rate a learner's answer to.