Clui supports SCORM content by connecting to SCORM Cloud, the industry standard in SCORM hosting created by Rustici Software.
Most issues reported to Clui about SCORM modules are related to the device or browser settings of learners or the associated SCORM file rather than the Clui platform.
Issues reported by individual learners
If a learner experiences an issue such as not being able to launch or progress passed a SCORM module, ask them to ensure the following:
- They have enabled Flash on their device and their Flash player is up to date (more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html).
- They are accessing the module using a stable internet connection.
- They are using an up to date internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer 10 or 11 (earlier versions of Internet Explorer such as 8 and 9 are not supported).
- They are using a laptop or PC rather than a mobile device. Although the website is designed to function on mobile devices, we can't guarantee the same for all course content.
- Their network allows the cloud.scorm.com website. They may need to confirm this with their IT department.
For learner support, see 'Troubleshooting issues when trying to complete a course'.
Issues reported by multiple learners
If all of your learners are affected by issues with a SCORM module, you may want to check the settings of the working file for the SCORM package.
Issues are typically caused by:
- The SCORM authoring software used to create the file. For example, the version may be out of date.
- Recent updates to the content of the SCORM file, such as accidentally copying and pasting non-displaying-characters or non-unicode characters across from other sources when updating text.
- The file name of the SCORM package (the .ZIP file). For instance, some older browsers don't support spaces in file names. In this case, something like 'Online_Induction' is preferred over 'Online Induction'. Another example may be the inclusion of forbidden characters such as:
- < (less than)
- > (greater than)
- : (colon)
- " (double quote)
- / (forward slash)
- \ (backslash)
- | (vertical bar or pipe)
- ? (question mark)
- * (asterisk or edited)
- ( (left parenthesis)
- ) (right parenthesis)
Alternatively, SCORM Cloud may be experiencing an outage. Issues such as this are usually temporary and require learners to return to the module at a later time to try again.
To see the real-time status of SCORM Cloud, visit https://status.cloud.scorm.com/.
More information about SCORM
Refer to the following articles for further information about SCORM: