For courses that learners are required to complete periodically, you can set a 'course progress reset'. This is a type of action module that causes each learner's progress for the course to be reset a specified number of days after they complete it.
For example, if a course is required to be completed every three months, you would set the number of days to '90'.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course or enter edit mode for the course you want learners to repeat periodically.
- Click Add Module in the place where you want to add the reset action (this is usually at the end of a course).
- Select Action from the module options that appear.
- Give the module a name then click Add action and select Reset course progress.
- Configure the reset action by indicating the number of days after a learner completes the course before their progress is reset (e.g. for one month, enter '30')
- Optionally change the status drop-down to 'Passed' or 'Failed' and provide information to include in the email notification sent to learners when their course progress is reset.
- Optionally configure up to three reminder emails for learners by specifying when to send them.
- Click Save, then click Save again.
For more information about action modules in Clui, see 'Using action modules to automate a course'.
For information about the other course modules available in Clui, see 'Course modules'.