Using an Assessment module, you can prevent learners from continuing a course until a nominated user has performed an in-person assessment on them.
Note: Users can be selected to perform assessments if their access level includes the permission to perform approvals.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where learners need to be assessed before proceeding, then click Assessment.
- Give the module a title and description.
- Indicate how frequently learners need to be assessed if the assessment is recurring (in weeks, months, or years).
- In the In-person assessment section, click Add section and give the section a name.
- Click Add Field, select the field type and provide the details for the field, then click Submit.
- Add additional fields as necessary.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for each section of the assessment.
- Select the users required to perform the assessment and click Save.
The Assessment module is added to the course.
In-person assessment fields
The following field types are available for in-person assessments:
- Information - A read-only information area which can include formatted text and images.
- Text field - A field for an assessor to enter a single line of text.
- Text area - A field for an assessor to enter multiple lines of text.
- Checkbox - A set of options for an assessor to select from.
- Signature box - A field for an assessor to sign their name.
- Dropdown select - A set of options available for an assessor to select from a drop-down menu.
- Date field - A calendar for an assessor to select a date from.
- Rating scale - A question which an assessor can rate a learner's answer to.