The Document Viewer module allows you to upload a PDF document for learners to review as part of a course. You can configure the document to be read-only or downloadable by learners.
You also have the option to include a customisable acknowledgment statement requesting learners to confirm they've read the document before proceeding with the remainder of the course.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module and select the Document Viewer module type.
- Give the module a name (in the Module Title field).
- Optionally turn on the Set an acknowledgement statement toggle and customise the message or keep the default wording; I confirm I have read and understood the document.
- Optionally turn on the Allow learners to download the document toggle.
- Upload the PDF document by dragging-and-dropping the files into the Upload PDF section or click the browse link to locate the file on your device. The maximum file size is 20MB.
- Click Save.
The PDF document is uploaded to the course.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.