To modify the permissions of users in your learning space, you can either:
- Create and assign a new access level for them.
- Edit the permissions in their current access level.
As the default access levels in Clui (Administrator or Learner) cannot be modified, creating and assigning a new access level may be the most appropriate action for users with one of these access levels assigned. For more information, see 'Creating new learning space or group access levels'.
Before editing the permissions of an existing access level, you firstly need to know which access level you want to make updates to and ensure you want the changes to apply to all users with the access level. Otherwise, you may prefer to create and assign a new access level.
To edit an access level:
- Click the arrow next to your account name in the top-right corner of Clui and select Learning space settings.
- Change to the ACCESS LEVELS tab.
- If the access level you want to modify is a 'group access level', change to the GROUP ACCESS LEVELS tab. To modify a 'learning space access level', remain on the LEARNING SPACE ACCESS LEVELS tab.
- Select the access level you want to modify.
- Select or clear the checkboxes according to the permissions you want the relevant users to have. For example, if you want to give users reporting permissions, select the appropriate permissions in the 'Reports' section.
- Click Save.
Once the changes are saved, the permissions of users with the access level will be updated to match the new permission sets.
For more information about access levels, see 'Understanding access levels in Clui'.